Be an informed seller. Get an appraisal from Lewis S. Lerman Associates.
If you're going to sell your home, you should seriously consider a professional appraisal. Don't think of an appraisal as purely an expense; it's worth every penny in the long run! Unless a homeowner studies real estate values on a day to day basis, like a professional appraiser does, it's difficult for them to understand their local real estate market.
You could be fixated on the costs of purchasing and upgrading your home, or how much you want for it. You see, the appraisal measures your home's market value.
At the end of the day, your house is only going to sell for what another person is offering to pay.
||Contact us for any questions regarding services specialized for home sellers.
Appraisals are valuable tools for families selling without an agent
Quite a few Pennsylvania homeowners are deciding to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the help of a real estate agent. But if you're going to do it right, quickly and to get the most you can, what you need is a expert appraiser. You need an objective opinion, it can be very hard to take an objective look at your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. We will tell you what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
In addition to helping you set a sound asking price so your home will attract buyers, a professional appraisal can:
People are surprised when they find out the value of their home is a great deal more than they thought.
So taking the first step and spending a little on an appraisal provided the data to support a sale for thousands more than they could have originally netted.
Alternatively, some people have an exaggerated assessment of the value of their home, and an appraisal gave them the assistance they needed in order to realistically price their home in order for it to sell quickly - instead of gathering dust on the market for months. Asking too much for a home will not attract buyers, which means no offers and no closing, wasting your valuable time and draining your resources while getting nothing done.
- Give you an advantage while bargaining when you find a potential buyer
- Put buyers at ease with written proof of the condition of your home inside and out
- Call attention to any issues and eliminate overlooked repairs hassles that might delay a closing
- Help decrease the possibility of hidden problems that cause sales to fall through
We also help agents price homes in Montgomery County
Even if you have an extremely talented agent, it's definitely a good idea to get an objective third-party's opinion of your home's value before finalizing a listing agreement.
Lewis S. Lerman Associates can help. We can provide you with a pre-listing appraisal so both you and your agent have an accurate summarizing of your home's characteristics and a detailed breakdown of the the newest and similar comparable sales or as they're commonly called, "comps".
We also provide general consulting
If you feel like an appraisal is not necessary but you need some help analyzing local sales and property data, we
have services designed for the needs of customers like you to help with your real estate decisions.
If you're wondering what to expect from Lewis S. Lerman Associates when ordering an appraisal just take a look....
- We pride ourselves on making sure that when you send your initial inquiry, you get a immediate response: We will provide you with information tailored for your particular appraisal need. Just explain your situation, and we will give you suggestions.
- Fast turnaround time: Normally one week or less from the date the request is received, we can have a PDF ready for you to download from our site or in your e-mail.
- Consulting and appraisal report formats that suit YOUR needs:
We've preformed lots of assignments, and we understand that when it comes to real estate consulting and appraising, there isn't a typical or standard "boiler place" assignment. We offer a variety of report types and are well seasoned at providing appraisals to clients that keep the industry jargon to a minimum and in an easy to digest format with the general public in mind.
- Prompt to follow-up questions: Reports we write are clearly written, understandable, and adhere to the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that moderates the appraisal practice.
Should you have any confusion regarding your appraisal after you've read through the report, feel free to give us a call or email us!